Building Plan Approval Process in Bangalore
Nov 30 2020
Before starting a building construction the owner must make sure that he has obtained all the necessary building plan approvals from the concerned authorities. A building construction that is done without any building plan approvals will lead to demolition or huge fines.
Site preparation is equally important based on the building plan which is also followed by an inspection by government officials.
For getting a building plan approval in Bangalore, you must first know the KHATA of your home.
KHATA is a legal document needed by property owners in Bangalore and it is issued by the Municipal Corporation in Karnataka to compute property taxes. It includes all the important details such as:
- The owner's name
- The plot size
- Property identification number etc.
A KHATA has two elements:
- A Certificate: KHATA certificate is required for property transfer and property registration.
- An Extract: A KHATA extract has all the details of a property.
Plots are further classified into three types:
A KHATA: A KHATA is a document that has the details of the property such as the plot size, location, built-up area, etc.
A KHATA means it's legal property, and you have the right to construct it.
A KHATA owner has to obtain all the necessary permissions from the BDA, BESCOM, and BWSSB.
B KHATA: B KHATA is issued when a property has pending property tax dues to be cleared.
It is a temporary certificate that needs to be converted to A KHATA.
B KHATA is issued when a property has pending property tax dues to be cleared. It is a temporary certificate that needs to be converted.
Panchayat KHATA: Panchayat plan approvals are an easy process. Depending on the jurisdiction, the authorities has to approve it.
- Gram and taluk panchayats give approvals for construction on land less than one acre.
- For more than one acre of land, the plan approvals are given by the Directorate of Town Planning (DTP)
- BMRDA and BIAAPA are also responsible for plan approvals for villages falling under their jurisdiction.
Documents required to apply for a new KHATA
- KHATA certificate and extract in the name of the builder or previous owner
- Approved site plan
- Building plan approval letter
- Tax paid receipts
- Occupancy certificate
- Sale deed
- Latest encumbrance certificate
Bangalore has two bodies that approve building plans for projects. It is mandatory to get your plans approved by these authorities.
If you fail to take approvals your construction will be considered unauthorized and can be demolished by the concerned bodies.
These bodies are:
- BBMP-(Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike)
- BDA- (Bangalore Development Authority)
BBMP Plan Sanction in Bangalore
The BBMP approves new building constructions within its jurisdiction and issues letters to builders/property owners as building plan approvals for the construction of a new building, after verifying all documents and legal requirements.
BDA Plan Sanction in Bangalore
It is the principal planning authority in Bangalore. As a regulatory body, it will approve the layouts in lands, and approvals will be done through BDA. The BDA plan sanction charges vary on the project whether it’s a villa, or apartments, etc.
Now you can also get agents in Bangalore to get the BDA building plan approval done with all the required documents.
How to Submit Building Plan Approval Application
You have to first download the application form from the BBMP website. You can either submit it online or submit it yourself to the BBMP office with all the necessary documents.
Also remember if you submit the form online it has to have your name, email id, and phone number.
If the application process is done manually then a few important documents need to be submitted.
Documents required for BBMP Plan Approval
- Latest tax pay receipt
- KHATA extract certificate
- Possession certificate
- No objection certificate
- No objection certificate from all the concerned bodies (BBMP, BDA, BWSSB, KSPCB, ULC,)
- Site plan
- Encumbrance Certificate
- Building plan
- Foundation Certificate
- Schedule 2 of the National Building Organization (NBO)
- Development charge receipt
- Additional information
If you are applying online with all the documents required for the building plan approval process will take approximately 30 days. Also, remember to get a printed acknowledgement from the BBMP office after submitting the application form.
After following all the steps the necessary certificates will be issued from the Concerned Authority.
BWSSB Water Connection Application Process in Bangalore
To get water and drainage supply in Bangalore:
- You have to fill an application from a BWSSB service station.
- You have to pay Rs 30 each for water and sanitary connection.
- An occupancy certificate is required if the building is higher than G+3 floors.
- Along with the application, you must also get permission to cut the road.
BESCOM Electric Connection Application Process in Bangalore
To get an electric connection in Bangalore.
- You have to get an application form from the BESCOM office.
- The application form is called the A form.
- Rs 50 is charged as a registration fee along with the documents.
The documents include:
- Passport photo
- Latest KHATA
- Personal ID
- Architectural Plan
- House tax receipt
All the concerned authorities charge a certain amount in the form of building plan approval fees.
For your information
Building Plan may not be mandatory
Soon, you will not need building plan approval for residential properties if the size of the site is less than 40x60 sq. ft. The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has proposed to the state government . The Indian Express
Hire the best house construction service
Safe Money Transaction