Frequently asked questions
- 1. Will Brick&Bolt packages cover my approvals if needed?
Brick&Bolt assists our clients in the approval process through the Construction Professionals onboarded on the platform. We are not directly involved in the approval process but our partners ensure that the clients get a completely hassle free experience.
- 2. What are the quality checks that you perform on the site?
We have our very own QASCON Checklist with 310+ Quality Checks. You can refer to the Quality section of the website.
- 3. Is compound wall included in the package?
Not all houses have a compound. Then, there are houses which require a compound wall on just two or three sides. By removing the compound wall from the package, we ensure that only the clients who opt for a compound wall, pay for it.
- 4. What happens if I want different brand of materials other than the one's in the packages?
Our packages are developed in a modular manner. Hence, any change in specification is as simple as add something to your shopping cart and remove something from the shopping cart. Our technical consultants can give a demo on this.
- 5. On what basis do you assign contractor to a project?
Brick&Bolt conducts a series of background checks on a contractor before they are allowed to work with us. These checks include document checks like the GST registrations, income tax filings etc. Then physical verification of the projects that are under construction as well as completed by the contractor are verified by the team from Brick&Bolt. Such contractors are then monitored and rated through a continuous assessment system so that the best contractors are alloted more projects.
- 6. Approximately how long does it take to complete construction of one floor?
It takes about 5 months for the first floor and another 1.5 months for every floor beyond that. Duration also varies depending upon the built up area, location, design complexity etc.
- 7. Does Brick&Bolt provide loans as well?
Brick&Bolt assists the clients with the documentation part for the loan approval process. We have also partnered with a couple of banks and NBFCs for attractive interest rates.
- 8. Does Brick&Bolt Include the interior with the construction and provide the complete package?
There are separate packages for interior works if you wish to get the interiors done through Brick&Bolt. We have also collaborated with a couple of boutique designer firms for amazing interiors at competitive prices.
- 9. What if the prices of the materials increase when the project is ongoing. Would there be a price escalation?
The pricing of our contracts is frozen on a stamp paper. Hence, the prices remain stable in most of the scenarios. Only in exceptional situations where there is a sudden spike in prices due to external circumstances, the price variation is to be paid by the client. On the other hand, if there is a price drop, clients get a price reduction for the same.
- 10. What are the major factors on which house construction cost depends?
Construction cost of a house majorly depends upon the Super built-up area, Open area( ie Balcony, Utility), Quality of Construction material, and Interiors. Brick&Bolt provides various packages at different prices to suit your needs.
- 11. What is a super built-up area, built-up area, and carpet area?
Carpet Area is the total usable area inside the house that can be covered by Carpet. The carpet area excludes the balcony and other utility areas but does include the area covered by internal walls.
Built-up Area is the sum of carpet area plus the area covered by the balcony, terrace, and other utility as well.
The Super built-up area is the total sum of the built-up area and space occupied by common areas like lobby, staircase, elevator, shafts, clubhouse. This is often referred to as a saleable area.