Electrical Safety Measure to keep your house safe from short circuit and shock
May 21 2020
Electrical work around home can be completely safe if you take the right precautions. Electrical shock is easily preventive if you know what faults to look for and how to avoid these. A few tips on how to make your homes shock and short circuit proof is listed here
Electrical work around home can be completely safe if you take the right precautions. Electrical shock is easily preventive if you know what faults to look for and how to avoid these. Similarly, short circuiting meaning that can happen from contact of 2 unintended wires is a common problem at home. It is important to put emphasis on the rules and precautions that need to be taken around each electrical work.
A few tips on how to make your homes shock and short circuit proof is listed here
- The first step to ensure good electrical safety measures at home especially from short circuit would be to choose outlet plug covers at all times. It might mean more work but it is important to ensure that these covers are used to keep the plugs safe especially for children. This also helps any types of accidental tampering with the wires. These outlets open only during a plug in , and hence will be safer.
- Replacing damaged fixtures around the house if very important. It might seem like a small shock or a spark each time you plug in. If you have frayed wires or other issues you’re your fixtures have them attended to immediately by a professional. Electrical safety control measures is important in cases like using a cover plate for switch points, as this will help remove any chances of tampering with the wires.
- If you plan to use extension cords around the house then be very careful how you arrange them. The best idea to make this safe from being tripped on or accidentally being chewed away by pets or rodents which might cause a shock is to use small rings to send the wire through. The arrangement will make it look well hidden as well as safe. Also, if you plan to use them outdoor make sure it is covered properly in case of rain.
- Always have the main power cut off during any remodelling or while getting any work done around. This is very important even if the process may seem small. Similarly while working with multiple wires make sure you have them insulated or decently separated so as to prevent any short circuiting.
- Be very careful while using any electrical appliances in areas involving water. Keep the points dry and never use appliances if they have water on the plugs. Also, be careful in places where there is a chance for condensation.
- Keep all wiring designed in such a manner that they are placed only deep inside the walls. During renovations or any other time when these wirings are pulled out be very careful around the house.
- Always know the rating of the appliances as well as the wirings and plug just to make sure there is no chance of overloading. If you do face an issue in such a note get professional help to replace.
- Feature plug points or switches in a decent height on the walls unreachable from children. electrical safety measures and shock have to always be given more importance especially when you have children around.
Image Source: Atlantictraining
Hire the best house construction service
Safe Money Transaction